With so many activities available on-site, most families rarely find the need to leave! There is always something to do during your stay at Pine Lakes Lodge Bed and Breakfast in Salesville, OH (near Cambridge, OH).
Pine Lakes Lodge shares with Pine Lakes Cabins on its extensive estate. With expansive acreage in a mixture of green rolling hills and meadows, the possibilities are endless! Plus, there are a few attractions nearby that will satisfy you run for fun!
Some of our activities:
- Stocked lakes for fishing (sorry, no swimming allowed!)
- Walking to browse the beautiful estate property
- Clay Range (Shooting) *
- Bird Watching
- Visiting with our many animals mini horses and donkeys – no touching or feeding allowed without staff permission
- Observation Deck overlooking our buffalo, longhorn steers, and more than 60 white-tailed deer.
- Visit with our bulldog residents: Farley and Brinley who live in their own heated/air conditioned house next to the lodge.
- Visit with our ducks and swans at one of 2 ponds they frequently swim in (please – no swimming!)
Still not enough to do? See Area Attractions. There are tons of things to do nearby too!
Fish one of our stocked ponds, or take a short drive for more fishing at nearby Seneca Lake Park (they have a fish hatchery there) or Salt Fork State Park.
Bring your own fishing rods and tackle. There are many bait shops nearby!
While our ponds are very lovely, clean and quite inviting on a hot summer day, we must insist that no swimming is allowed. No exceptions. Nearby Seneca Lake is certainly an option for families that would like to swim – they actually have a lifeguard beach for a nice day trip outing.
Watch the whitetail deer from the lodge deck. Take a short stroll to our wildlife observation platform or enjoy visiting our miniature horses, donkeys, horses, and our beloved camel, Carl. We will even let you feed them!
Enjoy the many species of birds that make our property their home. Vantage points include the public decks around the lodge or the limitless number of quiet spots to be found on the estate. Just ask – we provide the binoculars to borrow! Just ask to check them out.
The Lodge is equipped with a fire pit —perfect for a group gathering, making S’mores, cozy up or star-gazing. We can even sell you a S’more Kit. For those staying in our cabins on our estate, each has its own fire-pit. Charcoal or firewood, if needed, are available for purchase. They are not provided on a complimentary basis.