A year end review is always bittersweet. Another year is ending and you’re never really sure if you’re prepared enough for the new year. On the other hand, you get to look back and remissness on some of the special moments that made the year fly by. Continue reading to see some of our favorite moments from the year 2018, at Pine Lakes Lodge!
- For the third year in a row, we started off the new year working trade shows. It’s always tough work, with long hours and little food. But, the best part is meeting all of the future brides and of course, meeting some other fantastic vendors (here’s lookin at you, Happy Camper Bar Car).
Favorite quote overheard at the a Bridal Show, “My drink smells like feet. But I powered through it. Another one please!”
- Skipping right along into May, was our Mother’s Day celebration. This year we had a Paint ‘N Party with Cindy to celebrate with our moms. Thank you to everyone who came out and celebrated the special women in your life. It was so fun and heart-warming to mark such a special day with you!
- The birth of Ziggy was quite a shock to all of us at the lodge. Now we have been known to have a baby or two.. But since Zahara’s birth last summer, we were definitely not expecting to have another baby Zebra around anytime soon. Then Ziggy showed up! So that was pretty exciting for the staff and visitors.
- Wedding season this year was phenomenal for us. We always get choked up when we see a beautiful wedding and this year it happened twenty times! Thanks to all the beautiful couples that chose Pine Lakes Lodge to host your wedding day. You remind us why we’re in the business. You were all gorgeous.
Quick thank you to everyone that booked a party, corporate meeting or other event as well!
- As far as events go, our Fourth of July celebration had to have been our best this year. We hosted our first ever family day. There was face-painting, wagon rides, delicious food, crafts and fireworks. If you missed it this year, make sure to come out next year, because it was such a good time!
- Last year we were pretty excited about getting some new merch to sell in our gift shop. This year was even better when we FINALLY were able to add soup mugs, t-shirts, sweatshirts and more to our store. A lot of these make great stocking stuffers of course. Make sure to stop in to the gift shop during your next stay to pick up some memorabilia.
- Last but most certainly NOT least is our wonderful staff. From our Headquarters Office, to our grounds staff, we could not have done it without each and every one of them! We wanted to, for another year, give a MASSIVE thank you to our staff for the hard work they put into the lodge this year. From working over to provide great customer service during events, to cooking delicious meals, to cleaning house after guests, they were great. Please join us in thanking them and let them know how wonderful they are doing this holiday season.
We can’t believe 2018 is coming to a close already! BUT, we also can’t wait to see what 2019 will bring us. All we can do is move forward and hope that the new year will bring us some great moments to reflect on. Were there any great moments in your 2018? Get married? Have a baby? Move to Cambridge? Let us know and comment what some of your favorite moments of the year were, below. We want to hear them!
Want to know more about the lodge? Make sure to check in on the Pine Lakes Lodge social media pages next year. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and see what we’re up to on Pinterest! We will be sharing more on the lodge and upcoming deals or events that you won’t want to miss!
By: Shelby – Social Media/Marketing Coordinator